Thursday, October 11, 2012

Off to Mt. Kenya

Tomorrow morning at 4:45, a mere 6 hours from now, I will be on my way to Nairobi, and then up to Mt. Kenya national park. I'll be spending 5 days climbing the mountain and then back to Mombasa. We have a crew of seven AKA,M employees and it is shaping up to be a truly magnificent trip. We are expecting a lot of rain though!

It's been a while since I have been able to get out and climb a mountain and I am incredibly eager to get to it. My last ascent was Mt. Lafayette in the White Mountains in NH, my favorite hike of all time. I have little doubt that Mt. Kenya will do its damnedest to challenge and impress. I will have a full rundown, photos and all when I get back.

Til then,
-Mzungu, restless before the ascent of a lifetime up the second tallest mountain in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment